If you want to close the deal, you’ve got to know how to ask for the business in a new way. Here are three killer strategies to get you closer to “yes“. Sales strategies have to change, to fit the way we communicate today. Luckily, when you change your approach, you can change your results.
If you’re interested in “yes”, think about the easiest thing to say “yes” to.
Think about the way we communicate today; does your Grandpa’s Ben Franklin closing technique really fit in 140 characters or less? Check it out: The Sales Pitch is Dead, and Here’s Why.
Here’s a new way to create the conversation that you want – a persuasive conversation that doesn’t feel like an outdated sales pitch.
When the going gets tough, the tough get…smarter.
The easiest thing to say “yes” to is an invitation. An invitation!
Think about it: what’s your invitation to your client or customer? What’s the next logical step?
If you want to close your story in a modern and compelling way, you’ve got to follow these three steps.
Three Killer Strategies to Close the Deal
- Phrase your offer as an invitation
- Make sure your invitation is realistic and logical
- Explain the next step with clear expectations for your customer
When you get clear on your next steps, and present that solution as an invitation, you accomplish some key objectives:
- You make it easy for the customer to say “yes”
- You stop trying to sell something, and you start teaching your client how to buy
- Your client knows exactly what you expect, and your expectations are clear, concise and logical
- The sales process truly becomes a process – a step by step tour of what the client really needs
- Your conversation reflects the way that we interact today: we try the software before we buy it. No matter what your product or service, create an invitation so that the customer can experience what’s different about your message.
If you don’t have a good invitation, get started on creating one today! How can you invite your client to take the next step? Here’s an example:
You’re invited to join me at one of two upcoming events in Chicago, and create your best elevator pitch:
November 13 from 6-8pm:
Illinois Technology Association
Create the Perfect Elevator Pitch, with Chris Westfall
Location: 200 S. Wacker Drive, 60606
Price: $10 in advance / $15 at the door
View Larger Map
November 14 from 6-9pm:
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Marketing Roundtable with Chris Westfall – Secrets of the New Elevator Pitch
6:00pm Networking with Booth Alumni
Location: Gleacher Center, 450 Cityfront Plaza, Chicago
Price: $15 / Cash bar
View Larger Map